マイブログ リスト

2009年10月20日火曜日

Haiku about Harvest


On October 14, I visited Kisakata, Akita, and drove up the hillside to Mt. Chokai, where rice was reaped and being dried up near the rice fields. I took some pictures of them and wrote haiku.


Harvest time --

ears of rice bathing

in the sun


収穫の日向に浴す稲穂かな

shuukaku no hinata ni yokusu inaho kana


On October 19, a Finnish poet, Mr. Juhani Tikkanen, wrote the following haiku:


Harvest time --

approaching winter

ready to celebrate


収穫時祝いを備ふ冬近し

shuukakuji iwai wo sonau fuyu chikasi


Mr. Tikkanen's haiku is shown in his blog 'TIKKIS'.


My haiku appeared on the Asahi Haikuist Network on October 16, whose address is http://www.asahi.com/english/haiku/.


Harvest moon

filling the vineyard hut --

the first wine


初ワイン名月葡萄小屋を照らしけり

hatsu wain meigetsu budou goya wo terasi keri


A Scottish poet, Mr. John McDonald, wrote the following scots haiku in his haiku book, 'FUME O PEAT REEK':


fou muin --

hystin

a freithy yill


full moon --

raising

a frothy beer


満月や泡立つビール醸し出す

mangetsu ya awadatsu biiru kamosidasu



― Hidenori Hiruta















11 件のコメント:

  1. thanks for the mention Hiruta San I enjoyed this trio of haiku

    返信削除
  2. Hiruta San,

    ___I enjoyed this haiku -collection- this trio of your's, John's and Tikkis'; this, the collection of the summer's labor... the harvest. _m

    返信削除
  3. Magyar San,

    thank you very much for a nice comment.
    I know you once had an Akita dog.
    I lost your e-mail address that time, so I haven't been in contact with you.
    I hope that you'll join this blog, and share your haiku or senryu with us.
    With our best wishes. Hidenori Hiruta

    返信削除
  4. I loved these harvest haikus Hiruta San :)

    and especially loved that first...ears of rice (I am from a rice farming family...though now live a city life)

    Harvest Moon -
    i look for you in
    others' poems

    its a true feeling -- don't know if that could be a haiku or a senryu :)

    wishes,
    devika

    返信削除
  5. Hiruta San,

    i hope my words will not be mistaken...i just have this habit of expressing my thoughts instantly when i read poems -- here I was reading more of harvest...and thats just a response :)

    You might have seen me commenting at Tikkis ....i think only the fun aspect of it :)

    wishes,
    devika

    返信削除
  6. Devika San,

    thank you very much for two nice comments.
    Your haiku is very nice, showing us your moment of great joy.
    Instant expression of feelings or emotions is impressive, isn't it?
    I surely appreciate your comments at Tikkis.

    With my best regards,
    Hidenori

    返信削除
  7. Thank you for the acceptance, Hiruta San

    Yes, i do think poetry is the spontaenous flow of emotions...and so its appreciation....though the layers could come through in further readings...

    I have seen these quotes at Frank William's blog (http://fwilliams-haikuhaigaetc.blogspot.com/)
    which i think is so true

    "Poetry is the only art people haven’t yet learnt to consume like soup.
    W.H. Auden

    Genuine poetry can communicate before it is understood.
    T.S. Eliot

    My best regards remain
    devika

    返信削除
  8. Devika San,

    thank you for introducing nice quotes by three poets. They are very nice expressions representing the essence of poetry.

    I really appreciate your poetic backgrounds, which are profound in insight and learning.

    With my deepest regards
    Hidenori

    返信削除
  9. ___Thank you, Hidenori... I shall! I've just added -akitahaiku- to the address book of -the places I visit-. _m

    返信削除
  10. Mom!
    - When we'll have
    rice cakes again?!

    I wrote this when admiring your harvest-rice-ears photo with haiku.

    Here in Finland we have a story when we had A Great Hunger (year was around 1860) and mom wondered how to bake some bread, because she was short of any flours at all. The child shouted:
    Don't worry mom, you can bake a pie!

    And excuse me, using my Finnish-blog address again.

    Your friend
    Tikkis

    返信削除
  11. Thank you very much for your moving haiku, Tikkis san.
    I'm too deeply moved to say anything.
    But a child is always a hope.

    Your friend
    Hidenori Hiruta

    返信削除